8/08/2008

The beginning of a long road

I began a new adventure in my life, which is fun and challenging at the same time, MAKE MONEY PLAYING POKER ONLINE. Maybe sounds a little crazy, because many people think that casino games are all luck, and you could lose a lot of money. A friend of mine was the first person that talked me about Texas hold em, a popular one among a lot of different poker games. He told me that with a proper way of playing, a lot of study, and following the best practices a person could build a real money bankroll playing poker online. Well, I took his advice and began to play on November 2007. I loss $50 playing in pokerstars, in that moment I realized that it was more difficult than I first thought. So I stopped playing.

Three months ago, after seeing the success my friend had, I decided to open an account at FullTilt, were I put $500. In the first two months I loss money, my account got under $350, result of my lack of skills. After that, I took a few days away from the game and began to read a bit and watched some videos. Then I started playing more and took advices from my friend, who practically has became my coach. Yesterday the hard work paid, because my loss was recovered and today my account reach $ 517.

Also last weekend I was cruising in the Adventure of the Seas and visited the casino. There was a Texas Hold'em tournament in which I enrolled to play. Anyone who came first and second in that tournament entered the final table, which would be play the day before the end of the cruise. This table was made up of the first two places of five qualifying tournaments. I won one of them and reached the final table, where I got to achieve HeadUp (final two persons left on the table). There I went all in with AKs versus A7o and the flop (first 3 cards shown at the table) showed a 7, improving my opponent hand, so I loss my pot, finishing second. Second place prize was $300, so I was very happy, and now I am very motivated and serious on taking my online game to the next level.

No comments: